

Let's just say Drew is a teensy bit more needy than Baby Mary was (ahem) so I hardly ever have time to brush my teeth, much less blog.
But I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention some happenings of the past few weeks.
First, Baby Drew was baptized on Trinity Sunday. It was fabulous and beautiful and moving.
The choir was up in the loft rehearsing a Mozart Mass for the 11AM Mass and so that was the background music for the sacrament. Unbelievable. Of all the composers...
My dear sweet choir friends were singing but they were watching as best they could from above. One of them later told me they were singing "for Baby Drew."
What a sweet thought.
I will remember it always.
My friends are so crafty. Beth sent Drew the sweater vest, of course, and now Nicole has sent him a gorgeous blankie with his name embroidered on it. Miss Michelle made three blankies for him which are amazing because they are all different fabric weights. They will carry us through summer, fall and winter!
Perfect. Miss Michelle also brought me roses and white carnations to the hospital and her presence - and hubby Dan's - brought me so much joy I could have cried when I saw them walk in. Michelle brought over so much delicious food from Trader Joe's and some homemade veggie chili after we got home from the hospital. What a gift to be able to open the fridge and eat with no thoughts of what to make!
Miss Stefneeee (who sent gorgeous flowers to the hospital) made the most adorable shoes for him and gave him a little soft St. Andrew doll and Mary a Mary-Star-of-the-Sea doll. Mary has been sleeping with both and the BVM and St. Andrew hold some delightful conversations when she thinks I'm not listening.
Our friends Karyn and John also came over with their little Ian, who was due two days after Drew but born two weeks before him. Not cool, Ian. Not cool.
He is a precious little guy and he didn't cry once while he was here. (You listening, Drew?)
Karyn has been such a support for me during pregnancy and beyond. It's so nice to have someone going through the same thing, even though our births were so different. Karyn (a C-Section baby herself) did Hypnobabies and it couldn't have been any more textbook. I loved hearing her birth story.
My sister vICKY and her hubs came up for the baptism and since we had just moved into a new place, the entire world was disorganized. I couldn't do much because of obvious reasons, but they got the entire kitchen organized, which brightened my mood so much and helped make the place start to feel like home.
My mom came up two days before Drew was DUE and she kept Mary the entire time we were in the hospital. What a godsend. What would we have done if she hadn't been here?! I was in the hospital for, what, four days?
Joe would have had to leave me. We wouldn't have had an option.
Then mom cooked and took the baby so I could rest and just kept me company in general. It was so nice to have her here.
My sisters sent us an Edible Arrangement and I have GOT to recommend these things. It's a "floral" arrangement but it's made out of FRUIT and it was so freaking good. It was just what a new mom needed - healthy, delicious, and easy. What more do you need?
My sis Janet sent some absolutely adorable clothes, one of which is a NASA astronaut outfit. I cannot wait until Lil Drew grows into it.
My sis Alice sent the cutest book about a family of geese who live in a pond. This hit close to home because I grew up watching families of geese on our pond.
Mary loves the fact that there is a hidden ladybug on each page of the book.
My SIL and brother sent the baby the most adorable baby rosary. It is seriously the cutest rosary I've ever seen - so tiny. It has a little porcelain baby in a bassinet case to keep it in. So sweet.
We are really hoping to visit home before I have to return to work.
My friend Margaret (the fascinating soul behind the Kiwi Nomad blog) sent a most adorable book yesterday! It's called Hairy McClary from Donaldson's Dairy. It's so fun to read. This morning, Mary asked me what the cat's name was and I couldn't remember, and then she said "Scarface Claw!"
So she already loves this book so much. I bought three more in the series this morning from Amazon and I can't recommend them highly enough for toddlers.
How kind of Margaret to send Mary a book all the way from New Zealand!
My BFF Sara is in Phoenix, boo, and she has been so good to talk to. She is also the mother of one of the cutest kids in the known universe. Jakey, Jakey, Jakey.
Drew got his little froggie blankie from Aunt Sara and he wuvs it. (Okay, he's too young to wuv anything, but we wuv it and he will.)
Then we got a package from her with a coin purse for Mary, some little lip gloss (which Mary calls "lipstache" - wth?) and some bracelets. She also sent a little popsicle mold and the cutest clothes for Drew! She also sent the sweetest book called "Love YouForever."
Pics will eventually be added to this post, but right now I amtyping one handed because SOMEONE is having a bad morning...
THANK YOUALL SOMUCH
:):):):)
3 comments:
My pleasure! ;) YOu got some great gifts! ;) Sounds wonderful so happy baby drew is here!
I thankfully sewed yours before I got sick. ;) hahaha The others inbetween are getting store bought gifts...hahahaha
Does your BFF live in Phoenix, or was she just visiting? I am from Phx!
I don't know how I missed this post, but I love the photos and the news!
Post a Comment