The appointment yesterday went fine, as usual.
Lucky us, we're with the midwives as opposed to the OBs (same waiting room, different doors leading to different offices) so Joe and Mary got to accompany me into my appointment. Saw an OB patient's hubby get turned back at the door. His face was crestfallen. Can't have random men spreading swine flu to women they live with, now can we?
Let me just say, those women LOVE Mary. They always weigh her, measure her, etc. and really involve her in everything - the Doppler, the blood pressure cuff, etc.
That makes me like them even more. Babe's heartbeat was 150, as usual.
I guess I'm at the stage now where they really emphasize the "Call with ANY. CHANGES. AT. ALL" and then run down the litany of things you should be concerned about. Do some women really NOT call when they're experiencing heavy bleeding, contractions, the baby's hand sticking out, and all that? She emphasized that I am to call AT. ANY. TIME. and NOT. TO. WORRY. ABOUT. THE. TIME. OF. DAY.
I'm a ticking time bomb, y'all.
We discussed the no silver nitrate in the eyes (Hooray, me! I'm gonorrhea-free!), no Hep-B shot ("Drew! Do NOT share that needle with that junkie, young man! You're only six weeks old and you could get Hep-B!"), and things like that (again) and Amy assured me that they get pah-lenty of refusals on those things nowadays and that I would *not* have to bring my own refusal forms or fight with anyone.
As we were leaving the waiting room, Mary took the time to say goodbye to all the expectant mothers and fathers, all of whom secretly hoped their kid would be as adorable and charming as mine, even though they knew the odds were slim.
12 comments:
Love ya **Mary**!!
KIWI!!!!
:)
Mary is the best!
Oh, hey - that granola recipe...I am eating 1/2 cup a day in my yogurt and it's some powerful stuff!Maybe it's the flax??
Flax is awesome! I actually add in a bit of wheat germ, too.
Glad it's "powerful" for you, though I hope that's a good thing!
:)
Oh yes Kiwi is lurking here.... watching Baby Drew grow while Mary grows through toddler-hood!
K,
I love hearing of your awesome adventures! How is your summer?
(I'm jealous just saying that!)
haha hep B. I don't know why they give that to babies. I refused it both times. What the heck :)
Beth are you nuts? Do you want your sexually active newborn to catch HEP B?
Summer is sort of under-done this year- but quite good for gardening as it isn't too hot!
It was 0 degrees F when I woke up this AM!
I'll bet it's just lovely there.
:)
Waiting for a May 10th arrival. I love you!
Ha, we're kind of hoping for an earlier arrival than 5/10, though that would be a fun day.
Guess he'll be here when he gets here.
Love you too and can't wait to see y'all again!
Post a Comment