Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hey, History Channel!

GIVE IT A REST WITH THE NOSTRADAMUS/2O12 STUFF, WILL YA?

SERIOUSLY, IT MAKES ME LONG FOR THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF ALL HITLER/ALL THE TIME.

5 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Hi Cathy! I totally agree...Mr B and I have a love/hate relationship with the History Channel. The WWII in HD series they did a few months back was awesome, but then they have the aforementioned junk on! Ugh! (Don't get me started on the whole bunch of "alternative" bible shows or "reviewing the lives of Jesus' wives and their influence"! What??) I hope you have a great weekend!

Joe D. said...

WOW!

Cathy said...

Joy,
Haha, I know!
That channel has very little to do with history anymore...
;)

Sorry, Pa, it was driving me crazy.
(Yeah, I'm a masochist. I was actually watching the program!)

Dot said...

I was just thinking that same thing the other day! Every time I turn the tv on..........

I can't believe 'the fever!' has started already-- that's almost 3 years worth of nervous twitching..building to a crescendo of panic and doom. It's probably talked about every night at work. I can imagine what it will be like in 2 years. Doom. DOOM, I tell ya.

Cheers, though! At least we can laugh. Dot

Cathy said...

Dot,

And they ALWAYS interview the same two nutcases, including the guy with the long gray ponytail and knit caps who could not know less about history had he been raised in the Kuiper Belt.

I mean, if you want to put that stuff on TV, put it on SCI-FI.

I do like that show "Life After People" though. Is that on THC?
I just like seeing the big iconic buildings falling down and deer roaming through the halls of the NYSE.