Monday, January 11, 2010

Party!

You know it's a party of SJC parishioners when involves choir members singing Christmas carols (I was "out of my league", as Joe pointed out. Ya think?), a really talented accordionist who also happens to be a talented guitarist and he brought both!, and more than one person commenting that the scale on the kiddie xylophone was all jacked up.

Wish we had some pictures but stupid me forgot the camera. It was SO MUCH FUN!

People think of the accordion as a loud, obnoxious, "Roll Out the Barrel" instrument (not that there's anything wrong with that - I love obnoxious accordion music), but last night Paul played some absolutely beautiful old German tunes. He also indulged Mary by playing things like "Santa Claus is Comin' To Town" and "Jingle Bells" and he even played "Blue Skies" on his guitar!
The lovely and talented Terry sang some old standards like "Dream a Little Dream Of Me" (it was AWESOME!) and Mary was in hog heaven with all the instruments and music around her.

I did at one point think that we were going to be the first people in history to have the cops come to our party and order us to stop with the accordion.
But then I thought, "Wait, this is Chicago. I'll bet that happens every weekend."

The food was great and Mary had so much fun playing with Baby Hillary and Baby Ben, who were perfect angels.

Thanks, Michelle and Dan!

No comments: