Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ahhhhh!

The weather has turned nice - gorgeous sunny day (although still 53 degrees for the high - dangit) and my mom will be here in a little over an hour and I feel fine.

We are going tomorrow to look at a house for rent. In a decent part of town. Now THAT will be a change.
We're going to try to rent this condo out. It would be a great place for a couple of college kids - less than half a mile from the Lake, lots of bars and public transportation within walking distance, etc. Also, loud boom-boom music and parties don't seem to bother the youngsters like they bother me.
So, to avoid me putting a knife through my neighbor's skull, we're just gonna go elsewhere, if it all works out.

I am tired of my kid not having a yard. I am tired of not being able to go for a walk with her because a) it's getting to be nightfall and it's too dangerous, b) school just got out and it's too dangerous, c) the weather is warm and it's too dangerous.

I'm tired of feeling like a prisoner of these scumbag thugs.

3 comments:

Sew said...

Good luck! Nothing like moving while in labor! hahahaha Hope it works out! man, you house sounds like fun. In walking distance to the bars! Sew-act like an adult....I might come visit!

... said...

Wait. Are you talking about our first apartment? I hated the boom boom music, the late nighters, etc., but my epiphany came on a sunny afternoon around 3:00. A whole police swat team came to my neighbors, guns drawn, to deliver a warrant & arrest him. At 3:05 I called DH and said “I don’t care how broke we are, we’re moving.”

... said...

Just blog stalking to see if there is any news . . . Praying for you today at Mass.