Sunday, May 02, 2010

No news...

Did you know that the "40 Weeks" gestational thing was the idea of a French physician in the 1800s?
He figured a pregnancy lasted 10 lunar months.
The only problem was, his "lunar month" was 28 days. A lunar month is something like 28.53 days, so his calculations were wrong from the start.
It wasn't until the 1980s that his model was challenged and tested and when it was, it was found that the average first time gestational period for a white woman was actually 41 weeks, 1 day.
Drew is not late - to the contrary, if he were born today, he would be "early."
He is not giving his mama a hard time - we are both feeling great.
Of course, we are both a little cramped, but that's pretty standard, I'm told.

Maybe he will be born on 5/4, my BIL's birthday, or 5/6, St. Monica's feast day.
But this I can assure you - he WILL be born.
:)

10 comments:

Sew said...

I'm still holding out for May 3rd! My bday! :)

Come on lady, I'm in desperate need of those labor pains!!! hahahahaha ;)

Cathy said...

I didn't know 5/3 was your bday!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Come on, Drewski!

... said...

I've been checking on you! I read that somewhere about the weeks. Crazy. Drew couldn't pick a better month. May babies are the best if I do say so myself :)

Fertile Thoughts said...

You always have interesting facts :) I keep checking on you and i like hwta you have to say that at least you know he WILL be born. So cute.

Prayers,
Amber
P.s. Where did you say you found those cheap cloth diapers?

Living Advent said...

Definitely not late, but it can feel that way when the phone is ringing off the hook with well meaning people asking if the baby is here yet. ;o) All things in His time.

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. You, your DH, Drew and Mary are in my prayers.

Oh, I keep meaning to tell you "Thank You" for your side links about circumcision. Paul and I were already against it but we had no idea about the church's point of view.

Cathy said...

Ann,
I would love a little Emerald Baby.
:)

Amber,
I have a tiny little onesie of his that I pull out to cheer myself up when needed. It works wonders!
The diapers were from Nubunz.com.


LA,
Yep, everyone is anxiously awaiting his arrival, most of all his mama. (Well, maybe his daddy, but I'm a close second.)
I am eagerly awaiting news on your front too!
You're very welcome for the linkage.

Beth said...

Yes, you won't be pregnant forever ;)

WheelbarrowRider said...

My little C was 41 weeks on the dot. It is a wonderful sign you are healthy!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Please post the info on circumcision! I was against, but let dh have the final say since he has insight I don't and he was strong for it. He did homework and came up pro...

Cathy said...

WR,

The links she's referring to are all on the sidebar.
I was fortunate to have Beth help me sort through all the info. (My midwives and other friends were also a great help and support.)