Friday, March 19, 2010

Okay, I never do this.

Ever.

But today I told my shift, "Hey, I brought lunch if you guys want some."

They asked what I brought. When I said, "Ciabatta bread, fresh basil, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella with some balsamic vinaigrette so we can make sandwiches" you would have thought I said, "Liverwurst with blood pudding."

Whatever. This sandwich is beautiful and so delicious I'm photographing it in all its glory.
Behold:

P.S. More for me.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Man, that looks awesome.

Atlantajan said...

My new favorite sandwich is grilled eggplant with grilled tomato slices with mozzarella and Italian seasoning with basil . Rocks.

Cathy said...

B,
It tasted better than it looked, even!

Bonus: all but two dispatchrs tried it and they ALL liked it!

AJ,

That sounds really, really good. How would someone grill the eggplant sans grill though? (As I look at the snow falling outside.)
Can I do it in the oven?

Sew said...

I would have inhaled that with you!!!

Sara Murphy said...

That looks SO yummy!

Cathy said...

Sew,
It was really good! I was proud of myself. (I know, it's like being proud of a grilled cheese sandwich or something.)


GF,
I wish we could split it!
:(