The pączki (say "POONCH-key") and King Cakes are out already in anticipation of Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Pancake Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday (depending on which way you approach the Lenten season) and I resisted. Because I have superhuman self-control*.
Joe and I discussed how it's funny that you can no longer walk into a bakery and say, "I want a white cake with chocolate frosting."There are just too many options.
So we got buttercream cake with chocolate whatnot frosting, and then of course you have to choose two "layers", so we got chocolate mousse and strawberry mousse.
Add balloons and flowers atop for decoration ("In what colors?" "Um, I don't care. She doesn't have a favorite color." Guy looks at me like I'm nuts. "Uhhh, yellow, pink, blue...whatever," I finally came up with.)"Happy birthday Mary" in pink writing and we were good to go.
Oh, we did get her an airplane cookie, too, at her insistence. She chose that instead of a frog or a porcupine petit-four, much to my surprise.
How cute are these guys?
(The porcupine looks weird here because it's an aerial shot, but trust me, they really look cute in real life.)


*Also, I knew someone would probably bring them into work daily from now until Shrove Tuesday.
3 comments:
That cake sounds SO good. When's her party? I'm coming up :)
Come on up, we will save you a seat.
B,
I think the party will be 2/21 since it's Lent but that's a Sunday and I couldn't get 2/20 off.
Come on up!
Post a Comment