
Oh, she's great. Living down in Florida, going to Mass every day, still hosting Sunday dinners. I can't wait to see her again.
"Well, as long as she's healthy, right?'
This conversation makes as much sense as the people who repeat that old chestnut about your pregnancy. Boy or girl? Oh, we don't care.
As long as it's healthy, right?
No. Not at all. He is our child. We will love him no matter if he's healthy or ill, destined for rocket science or a 7-11, Brad Pitt or William H. Macy, Warren Buffett or the Man with the Smallest Bank Account Ever.
He is our newest family member, and we love him. Please do your part to help retire this ridiculous phrase.
This Public Service Announcement brought to you by Drew's mom.
7 comments:
I think you make a very good point! By the way, I love it when the girls post recipes...I am always looking for new ones so thanks for the granola recipe :) And Mary is just so adorable!!!!
Also, thanks for your supportive comments during this time. I really apreaciate them!!!!
Many prayers,
Amber
Amber,
Haha, I love the recipes, too, really!
(Particularly the money-savers.)
Glad you like the recipe. It's so good for you and baby, too. Eat lots of flaxseed and wheat germ in the first trimester when the brain is developing. Plus, I always felt SO GOOD eating it. (I also put chia seeds in OJ - they're another good source of Omega 3 and Omega 6 for brain/organ power.)
Thanks for your comment and prayers, too.
:)
I have missed so much of your blog. Why doesn't it update on my blogroll???? Ugg, I like that recipe and I know I have made some STUPID comments. Even to other IF's! hahaha But I totally get it!
Sew, there's not a blogger alive who doesn't LOVE your comments!
:)
I also hate the "as long as it's healthy" drivel.
Good point, Cathy!
"As long as she's healthy, right?" What do they even MEAN?? particularly in regard to your mom? What if she's not healthy? Then what? We already know what the world says in regard to the unborn if the answer to this question is not positive. I shudder to think where it's going with the sick and infirm.
Angie,
It's like people don't know what else to say so they came up with that one..
Georgette,
It was an imaginary conversation. No one ACTUALLY said that about Mom. If they did I'd knock 'em out.
:)
Post a Comment