(EDITED FOR CLARITY SINCE SOME OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY MAKING THIS RECIPE. No pressure, no pressure. I hope you like it! Crud, what if you hate it?!)
of becoming one of those blogger moms who posts recipes and money-saving tips (and the WORST... money-saving recipes!) I have to share this granola recipe.
Granola is one of those things people think is healthy, but the average granola is loaded with corn syrup and it's so expensive it's ridiculous.
So here is some granola I made. Mary, Joe and I all love this stuff.
And it was so easy, there's no reason to ever buy granola again.
Mix:
2 c rolled oats
1/3 c ground flaxseed
1/3 c wheat germ
small packet of slivered almonds OR CHOPPED WALNUTS OR WHATEVER SUITS YOUR FANCY
ground cinnamon, however much you like it
On the stove, heat:
1/3 c honey
1/3 c orange juice
1/4 c brown sugar
OR MORE OR LESS DEPENDING ON TASTE.
MIX THAT INTO oat mixture.
SPREAD ON COOKIE SHEET. Bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes. Add raisins or cranberries or dried blueberries or whatever you like, bake another five minutes.
Remove. Granola will crunch up when it cools.
Woah, Nellie. Today, I used apple juice instead of OJ and left the raisins out, instead adding about a cup and a half of diced apple. Is very, very good.
2 comments:
OK, usually I bypass all recipes via blogs but for once I made an exception - and I am so glad. I am SO going to try this! I can see it smooshed in my daily yogurt already!
I tried it and I love it!
Post a Comment