Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mary's owl

So, Ma buys Mary a holloween owl from Target and she just loved it. Well we went shopping and Mary loses it in the store. We looked everywhere but could not find it. Thankfully Mary was not upset about it. So on my way home from work this morning I decided to stop and get her a new one and of course I caught "heat" from it from Ma because I am spoiling my little sweetie. I am sorry, I cannot help it because she is so darn cute!!




5 comments:

Amy said...

What happened to our babies? She looks like a little girl. And those eyes are so lovely!

She's cute beyond words.

Beth said...

She is beautiful! Man Pa, you are going to have to beat the boys away with a stick! Good thing both girls will be in the Nashville Dominican convent together :)

Madeleine is finally getting interested in stuffed animals. She used to have an aversion to them - didn't even want to touch them! Now she grabs them and hugs them.

Joe D. said...

She loves stuffed animals, all kinds. She sure is a sweetie, but I do know that I am biased as all parents are. She is getting huge! I think she will be tall. Even though she is only 19mos the 2t's don't fit over her thighs and butt and that is with a thin diaper. And the shirts will not fit her arms. It is had to tell in the pictures. So we are putting her in 3t's but the pants are soooo long and the shirts fall off her shoulders. One of us needs to learn how to sew so we can adjust them.

Cathy said...

Okay, guys, so I'm like, "Oh, well. She'll learn to hold onto her stuff eventually."
(It's not like she was screaming for the owl - if she had been, I'm big enough to admit we'd have just gone back to Target to get another one.)
But I'm trying to be all hardass parent, right?

So the next day, Joe is late coming home from work. I called his cellphone.
"Where are you?"

"Ohhh, traffic is bad, blah blah..."

15 minutes later, he walks in with a dang owl.

I pretended to be irritated, but really I thought it was the sweetest thing evah.
He is such a good daddy, even if he spoils her rotten.

:)

Beth said...

haha!! What a good daddy!

That's so funny that the 2Ts don't fit! Madeleine's 12 months stuff falls off her butt when she has a disposable :)

She still only weighs 20 lbs.