
Friday, July 25, 2008
R.I.P. Abby we will miss you - ?/1995-7/25/2008
In 1997 Ma told me about a beagle she saw in the paper that was at the humane society and she was cute. I went to have a look and fell in love with her right away. She was so sweet but had a rough beginning to her life. She was about two years old and had been abandoned. When she arrived at the humane society she had such a bad case of heart worms that they did not expect her to live through the treatment. Three months later she was heart worm free and ready for adoption. As I was signing the papers for Patty (her original name) another couple came in and wanted to see her but too late suckers she was all mine! She was not house broken which made for a rocky start but we got along great. When we would play she would use her front teeth to pinch me on the back of the arm. She always slept on the bed next to me, if I moved she would move back next to me. She did this every day for 11-12 years. She was not the smartest or brightest dog but she sure was the sweetest dog I ever had. Too bad Mary will not remember her. Abby's health went downhill very suddenly and rapidly. Just yesterday I took her to the vet and she did not seem too bad, she was sick and old but I thought she may be ok. Overnight she got really sick and could hardly keep her head up. I had to carry her to the vet because she could not walk. Thankfully the medication works very fast, and painless, and she was able to fall asleep next to me one last time.......



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
She was a sweet old girl.
We are fortunate to have had her for so many years.
Oh I'm so sorry Joe and Cathy! That is really sad :(
I'm so sorry. I love dogs.
Post a Comment