My new cabinets are St. Charles. If you've ever been to Fallingwater, Frank Lloyd Wright's PA masterpiece, you've seen St. Charles cabinets in the kitchen. L.M. van der Rohe's Farnsworth House also has them in the kitchen.
Do you know who owns St. Charles Cabinets now?
Viking.
Yes, that Viking.
They bought the company a few years back determined to bring it back to its roots.
They now make high end, so beautiful it hurts cabinets that if I win the lottery I will buy.
But they would have to fit in with my vintage ones because those are staying.
Here is a great write-up called Mad About Mod that is all about St. Charles cabinets with fabulous pictures of the old and new and how steel cabinets are once again the Next Big Thing, in part because of shows like "Mad Men" and "Pan-Am." (My BFF Sara informs me that I MUST see the kitchen shopping scene in Great Balls of Fire because Jerry Lee Lewis's cousinwife is picking out some great metal cabinets.)
2 comments:
I cant WAIT to see this all come together!!! hurry up! haha :)
I'm coming to visit!!
Post a Comment