Sunday, February 19, 2012

Amen.

Cell phones turn adults into babies, constantly needing contact with their spouses, friends and children. In fact, it's possible that children in a cell-connected world make out worst of all. This morning, not five minutes after I'd left for work, my 11-year-old called from the kitchen to ask if he could have banana bread for breakfast.
Kid — I'm not there . Eat ice cream and marshmallows. Make a vodka smoothie! Go wild or be a good boy, just pretend it's 1990 and I'm unreachable.

 Another fine article from Lenore Skenazy.


3 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I read the 1st article - so true!! I am proud to say Elizabeth has not only survived nipple confusion but she also nurses with a nipple shield (aghast - oh the horror of it!)...but it works for us. A happy baby is a happy mama!

Beth said...

lol :)

Mary said...

ahh love it!