Some people say they don't understand how a mother can place her child for adoption. They say they don't understand how a mother can entrust her child to someone else, knowing she may never see that child again. I don't believe them. I think they do understand. I think they understand exactly the wrenching, searing pain of not being able to take care of your own child. I think they understand exactly the visceral fear of not being enough. I think they understand exactly the terms of sacrifice adoption requires. I think they are awed and humbled by your birth mother's decision, and they doubt they have courage enough to do what she did. I'm almost certain I don't.
Sally Bacchetta, What I Want My Adopted Child to Know
4 comments:
Gosh, I want to read this!!
It is SO good.
So glad it's good! Can't wait to hear more about it!!!
Amen sisters!
Post a Comment