I realize that at some point I'm going to have to take both kids somewhere, so today I did a trial run, with a gigantic amount of moral support and advice from Beth.
(You are laughing because what's the big deal about taking two kids somewhere? Trust me. It takes more gear than a spacewalk and a paralyzing fear that a full-blown meltdown is waiting just at the next red light permeates your soul.)
So I put on the Moby Wrap, put the kids in their seats, grabbed the iPod with the Gregorian Chant, and off we went. First stop was the Vitamin Shoppe. We were there for probably 10 or 15 minutes and both kids were perfect. Drew slept in the Moby and Mary stayed right at my side like I asked her to.
I didn't want to tempt fate, but I decided to stop at a market on the way home, just to see what would happen.
So we went to Rich's Market, got rockstar parking 5 feet from the front door (thank you, St. Jude) and headed inside.
I didn't really need anything so I just wandered around. Good thing, too, because everything in the store was in Polish: the signs, the announcements, the packaging on the items. We picked up a few things as we wandered around because I wanted to stay at least 15 or 20 minutes. We got quite a bit of stuff for only $18, including some fresh pierogis for dinner.
Drew was perfect, still sleeping in the Moby, even as we navigated the deli counter. (Seriously, WHAT IS IT with Polish deli counters? They're like Grand Central on crack.)
Then we came on home. Mission accomplished.
7 comments:
You seriously are my hero. Even I don't do this.
Do you think it was a fluke? :) hahaha So glad it went well! ;)
Almost sounds too good to be true, so glad all went well!
Mmm, pierogis! I have a great recipe, but it takes forever and with 3 kids who has the time! I do make them from time to time and they are, oh, soooo good!
And, you'll have to learn to tune out screaming kids while driving at some point :) LOL
Great job Cathy! I knew you could do it! I'm sure I'll need moral support when I'm taking 3 of them out!
Leila,
Oh, I'm sure you've done it with double the kids, and then some!
:)
Sew,
Yes, yes I do. A total fluke!
AL,
Thanks!
O,
Oh, he screams a lot when we're driving. I never know whether to pull over or just keep going. So far, we've just kept going.
;)
B,
I have no advice for three, other than start lobbying Peapod now to come to your area!
Today at the grocery store, I had Bud in the Ergo and M in the cart. They both had a sucker. Bud kept trying to "share" his with me by sticking it in my face and making smacking sounds. Then when he was done he dropped it down my shirt.
Post a Comment