Saturday, May 08, 2010

Nothin' doin, kids.

Oh, Drew.


Drew, Drew, Drew.

I know, little fella. I know it's scary out here. I know you hear the TV news on the rare occasion when I can stomach it enough to turn it on these days.
But ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Pretending you can stay in there forever won't make it happen.
Things aren't always easy here, but there are things you don't know.

You don't know about hummingbirds.
You don't know about the ocean.
You don't know how cool your sister is, and how much fun she is.
You don't know about the sun on your face or a warm summer breeze.
You don't know about homemade whipped cream or fresh-picked blueberries.
You don't know about baseball or snowmen or Mel Brooks movies.

Come on out, buddy.
It's not all bad.

9 comments:

Sew said...

Awwww Man......Come on baby drew!

Beth said...

I agree. Come out Drew ;)

Unknown said...

that is honestly the cutest list i've ever read. i teared up.

T said...

This is such a sweet post! You should print it and keep it for him ;)
Yes, Drew, please come out.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

So sweet!! Come on baby Drew, you have a beautiful family that wants to hold you! :)

keep calm and carry on... said...

love it :)

come on baby drew!! your mom is spot on, it's really nice out here.

Anonymous said...

Drew, your momma forgot to add this to the list - you don't know how badly your Chicago Blackhawks are going to trounce my Vancouver Canucks Sunday night. You should be here for that!

Signed,
Giving Up the Cup in Canada :(

Joe D. said...

You forgot to add that his dad is a lot of fun...

Kiwi Nomad said...

Look Drew, your Kiwi auntie wants to tell you all about Kiwis- the non-flying, nocturnal kind- but you need to get out here to hear all about it!!