Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Please keep my brother-in-law in your prayers.

Being the youngest of nine, I literally grew up with some of my BILs; there is not a time I can't remember knowing them. They could not be less "brothers" to me than my own three brothers.

Bubba is one such BIL. He has been there my whole life.
After I got into a fight with Amy Adams at the Putt-Putt as a teenager (I won, by the way), I went straight to his house. He gave me a beer (winning a fight, especially a catfight, doesn't mean there aren't copious amounts of hormonal tears flowing afterwards) and talked to me and made it all better.
He welcomed Joe into the family like only he could. The story involves the space shuttle, a #2 washtub, some sausage in a tree (burnt on the outside, frozen on the inside), the awesome phrase "front-wipe" and much hilarity, like all Bubba stories.

Just please keep Bubba and his family in your prayers. He is a fighter and stubborn and if anyone can beat the hell out of cancer, it's him.
I have experienced the power of prayer in my own life. I know how transformative it can be. I look at my child every day and remember that prayer can save lives.

Hang in there, B.

3 comments:

Atlantajan said...

Gitchy gitchy gitchy.

He's a hoot, plain and simple.

Cathy said...

Manana mananamanana

Beth said...

Will be praying!