
Mary loves avocado maki from the local Japanese restaurant.
She will down an entire order, no problem.
She has a bit of trouble with the seaweed because it's so tough but she works at it and I'm pretty sure that's her favorite part.
Mary has always been willing to try any food, and we have tried to expose her to as many different tastes as possible. We make sure we don't taste something and say, "Ewwwww, that's gross!" because kids pick up on that sort of thing and make the habit their own. It shows now, because she is not a picky eater (though she does have her moments where she just doesn't want to eat, period, but I think that's all kids) and loves vegetables, foods from different cultures, whole grains, etc. She does not like fast food, which is good because neither do we, and this can make traveling a pain but it's well worth it to never have to darken the door of a Playland.
I want to get the stuff to make my own maki at home - I know it's easy but it's still intimidating to have to get the roll so tight.
In other food news, have you had Silk Almond milk* yet?
Holy cow, no pun intended.
That stuff is mmmm mmmm good.
(Beth - I ordered blanched almonds from Nuts Online and am going to make my own when they get here - but for convenience, the Silk is delicious.)
*I was looking for an image of the carton, but even Silk's website doesn't mention their new product. I wonder if it's being test marketed in Chicago. It's very hard to find info about it online, but hopefully it will be widely available soon.
3 comments:
Yum! I don't think they have that here yet! I bought the Bud coconut milk today and he went nuts :)
Wait til he has his first pina colada!
:)
Hahahaha! I don't care for almond milk plain only in cereal. I hope Silk is more creamy then the "Almond Dream" brand I bought.
Post a Comment