Saturday, March 27, 2010

I slept all night! All. night!

  • Big ups to the man (man!) at my work who, when I asked if anyone knew of anything I could take to make me stop constantly belching, said, "I dunno. Maybe Gas-X?" I have been up every single night at 3AM with reflux, heartburn, whatever it is. I have to get in the recliner, but even that doesn't help, so I'm awake until 6AM or so until I can fall back asleep. This makes for a tired workday. Last night, after two Tums (blech!) and one Gas-X tablet (yum! They're like candy, y'all!) I felt immediate relief and slept until 7AM...

  • Which is crazy, because before I went to bed, I ate an everything bagel covered with smoked whitefish from the best Jewish deli evah and hot sauce. I know.
  • Speaking of all things Jewish, Passover is my favorite season in Judaism because Jewish Coke (official name: Kosher-for-Passover Coke) hits the stores. To find Kosher Coke, look for the bottle with the yellow cap. You're welcome. This has been a big help in dealing with my intestinal adventures. I can always get Mexican Coke, but to be honest, the bottles take up a lot of space in the fridge and a 2 liter (which can be kept on the counter and closed up tight after pouring) is more convenient when you just need a little to settle your stomach. Fact: Normally, I drink maybe 6 sodas a year. During the past 9 months, I bet I've downed 30. Maybe more. Forget the Pepto. Only Coke made with cane sugar can settle a queasy stomach for me. Viva la Mexico, and Happy Passover.
Man, do I feel great today!

4 comments:

Joe D. said...

Mexican coke made with cane sugar, kosher coke made with beet sugar. Just saying....

Cathy said...

Beets give you rosy cheeks.
Nothing wrong with beets.

Anonymous said...

I had TERRIBLE heartburn with Luke - I know what you are going through! Glad you feel better!

Cathy said...

Ang,

I am luckier than most. Another blogger who's a week or so ahead of me has SERIOUS heartburn/gastro issues, just like last time.
I feel silly even complaining - it's really not that bad.
(Well, it's not FUN, but...)
;)