Appointment today was great. Fundal height - (hey, Beth - "fundal" is another one of those words like we were talking about...) is a perfect 32 cm.
The Drew's head is still up and his bottom is still down, which is no sweat. He'll turn when Mama asks him to.
Heartrate was 135 bpm, and he had a "nice acceleration" when he moved, according to Libby the Midwife. It's going to be a photo finish as to who my favorite midwife will ultimately be, but with Libby making pronouncements such as, "You have a really nice-looking baby belly" she's definitely in the top 3.
I did ask how often they do cervical checks during labor (and when they start as far as which week's appointment) and she said they don't routinely check until you're in labor and they only check in labor when you first get there unless there's some odd reason they need to or you want them to.
Libby said (quite correctly) that there are much better, more scientifically proven methods of gauging how far along a woman is than a cervical check.
(She's hurling, she's shaking, etc.)
My BP is still around 100/65, which is what it always is, pregnant or not.
I'm still quite comfortable (not always, but that's to be expected) and I have no signs of stretch marks or swollen ankles or 'roids or any of those other things less fortunate women are prone to. I am excited to meet Drew but am trying not to let my excitement become impatience. He will be here when he's supposed to, and not a minute too soon. I refuse to complain that I "just want him out" because it's been such a joyful surprise to become pregnant at all. I know how fortunate I am and I will miss the little guy when he's ex utero, which doesn't really make sense but there you have it.
3 comments:
I missed my babies when they were out too. For a little while. Then I was just glad to be able to sleep on my stomach again :)
Plus they're quiet in there. Out here, not so much.
I'm still sleeping on my stomach (sometimes), but I have to kick my right leg up really high to do it.
Your kids are quiet! (What?)
;)
Post a Comment