They don't tell you about the mental demons that are ever-present during pregnancy. There ain't a chapter for that in any pregnancy book. For me, it has been a constant, crushing struggle during these past months.
The next time I google something like "28 weeks pregnant" and get an ad for abortion on the sidebar, I'm going to throw my computer off the balcony.
Today's? "ABORTIONS UP TO 36 WEEKS. FRIENDLY AND CONFIDENTIAL."
That's not abortion. That's internal infanticide. Any human being with an ounce of knowledge about human development knows FULL WELL that the purpose of the 3rd trimester is to simply put weight on the baby. The development part is over. He's just like any other baby, only still putting on layers of fat. And it is complete bullshit that these abortions have anything to do with the "health of the mother."
After the 2nd trimester begins, it is FAR SAFER to deliver a baby (vaginally or via section) than it is to abort.
Today, for the first time in my pregnancy, I felt like I was going to throw up.
Recently, I googled "26 weeks pregnant" and the ad that popped up was, coincidentally, an ad for "ABORTIONS UP TO 26 WEEKS" at a clinic in Chicago.
Being pregnant and insane, I followed the link and went to that website as Drew kicked and flipped and hiccuped away.
For a few hundred bucks, I could have called that day and Andrew would have been no more in this world.
Every single day, at least once a day, when I look at my daughter a poison enters my mind.
What if her first mother had made the choice to not allow her life to continue?
What in the world would I do without my Mary? Can I even fathom someone committing such an act of violence against her beautiful soul? Is my Andrew's life so cheap, so worthless to the world, that it could be destroyed for less than the price of an airline ticket?