g
Our friends Dan and Michelle came over and brought the adorable Baby Ben and we had a little party for Mary yesterday. It was a lot of fun. Mary had a blast with Baby Ben!
He is really fun for her to play with now that he's a bit older, and she really loves him.
She got an awesome "Great Composers" coloring book. (She thought J.S. Bach was George Washington because of the wig.)
We took Mary to Party City to pick out some special plates and napkins for her party. They have tons of themes, and I thought for a minute she was going to go for the Cinderella plates. (She doesn't know too many modern cartoon characters, as all she watches is Boomerang Channel, which is old skool cartoons - she loves Pink Panther, The Anteater, the Smurfs, and Scooby Doo. Of course, you can't really find those particular characters in party shops anymore.)
Joe walked up and said, "Hey, they have dinosaur plates!" and Mary immediately ran to get those. Dinosaurs vs. Princess? No contest. Dinos win every time.
So that was our "theme."
Aunt Chris, Uncle Andy, and Grace and Emma sent a great box with lots of fun stuff inside and two beautiful handmade cards by the girls. Mary slept with the little dollies last night. She and Ben were adorable with their respective bunny ears/reindeer headbands.
Aunt Janet and Uncle Jack sent a great keyboard! Mary loves it and it keeps her occupied for a long time. It also plays lots of songs - I think that's Mary's favorite feature.
We got her a Leapfrog "Learn to Write Your Letters" thingy. Even though Mary knows her letters, it's still fun because it has a capital/lowercase feature and has little games on it. She seems to like it. Last night lying in bed, I heard her on the monitor asking for her "froggy thing." Took me a minute to figure it out.
All in all, I think she had a great third birthday. The cake was delicious, too!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Mary!!! Wow - 3 already! I can't believe it!
Our girls are so funny. We're having a pirate theme for M's bday.
Yeah, my kid doesn't know many cartoon characters either. She knows Peter Pan and Cinderella because we have those books, but she's never seen them on tv.
Happy Birthday Mary!
I'm dying laughing....Her hat, I thought it said farm animal! hahaha I thought wow, does C think her daugther is a farm animal!! Then with the look on her face...I can't stop laughing! Too cute lil Party Animal!
The cake looks great!! :)
Post a Comment