Sunday, December 06, 2009

Eardrum formation: check.

I sneezed today* and the baby completely freaked out.
I laughed pretty hard.

Then I felt bad.

*I am a LOUD sneezer.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Aw. That's so cute.

If you have to do the gestational diabetes test (it's standard practice for my doctor's office, so I've done it twice), that was - for me - the freak out of all freak outs for both boys. The sugars in the syrupy drink made them go absolutely crazy.

Cathy said...

Haha, I had the GD test a couple of months ago, but I couldn't feel him back then.

Am I crazy for thinking (I had the orange drink), "Hey, this ain't so bad!"

Amy said...

The first time, I didn't think the orange stuff was bad, either. I stuck it in the freezer, so it was super cold and tolerable.

With Stephen, I couldn't stand it. I had the orange flavor, too. But I've never done well with liquid medicine. I started taking meds in pill form when I was young because my parents were sick of me gagging up the Penicillin...

I am so happy things are going well!

Cathy said...

That happened to be (oddly enough) a time where I had a short burst of Orange Crush craving. I drank about 4 Orange Crushes in four days from the machine at work. Hadn't had the stuff since childhood.

So maybe that's why I liked it so much.
Anyway, I'm back to disliking soft drinks, so I'm glad the test is over.

Cathy said...

I have no trouble with liquid meds (matter of fact I just swallowed a couple of tsps of straight up pure apple cider vinegar), but I DO have trouble with pills of any sort.