Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Our day..

Yesterday, we went to some 'burb to an outlet mall.
I'm not much for shopping, but we did manage to get Mary
a few outfits from The Children's Place. I love this store. They always
have killer prices and the sales are ridiculous. It's where we get all of Mary's clothes.
Pants were something like two bucks, shirts were the same - and we got a cute little
onesie for $.99.
They had LOTS of others, but with Beth's voice haunting and taunting me about
boys, I was too chicken to buy anything pink.
:)

Mary got to ride the carousel and the little cars that used to cost a quarter but are now a buck (I know!) and we ate at Rainforest Cafe because I was just SURE she'd love it.
She wasn't thrilled with it, except the aquariums. Let me just say: that place is LOUD and it's no wonder today's kids have ADD. It was complete sensory overload. Every ten minutes or so, a "thunderstorm" happens and the "thunder" is so loud you can't talk over it and the lights flash and God help you if you're epileptic. Then the animatronic apes start hoo hooing and pounding their chests for a few minutes, then the elephants start trumpeting. To top it all off, the music is loud and let me just tell you, the Police song "Can't Stand Losing You" does NOT translate well into reggae. But whatever, lesson learned. The veggie burger was really good and the wait staff was super nice, to end on a positive note.
I got a couple of clearance shirts at the maternity store (no - I do *not* need them yet) and it's a good thing they were on clearance because maternity ain't cheap, y'all. Want to jack up the price of your clothes by 50%? Slap a "maternity" tag on them.

On the way home, we stopped by the local Oberweis and got some ice cream. I love this place - their milk still comes in glass bottles and you don't live in Chicago if you don't have a couple of Oberweis bottles full of change somewhere in your house.

All in all, a nice day out of the house.

10 comments:

Beth said...

Love Oberveis :)

Yeah I wouldn't buy anything pink just YET.... :)

Cathy said...

Haha - Joe said, "Are you THAT sure?" when I picked up a cute little pink thing.
I thought about it for a minute and said, "Dangit, Beth!"

:)

Beth said...

hehe! Just trying to be helpful! Lil Boy doesn't wanna wear pink :)

Amy said...

Hee. If you're looking for some inexpensive maternity clothes, go to Old Navy.com. I got quite a few things there for both pregnancies that worked well and lasted between babies.

I ate at a Rainforest Cafe at the Mall of America. I agree - total sensory overload. It's like eating inside a bag of Poprocks. Food was good but I wouldn't go back.

Cathy said...

Beth,
You just keep making that pile, sister.
:)

Amy,
Thanks for the tip! I'll check 'em out.
Oh my gosh. Like eating inside a bag of Poprocks. That's EXACTLY what it's like.
I LOL'd.

Beth said...

Added more today!

Sara Murphy said...

GF! Buy maternity clothes at the second hand stores. I didn't buy much new stuff at all, and I had quite a good wardrobe. I bought jeans for $5-10 each instead of $60-70 (at the GAP). Target also has a pretty good selection, as does Ross :-)

Beth said...

We're talking about you over at EM's facebook page :)

Cathy said...

GF,

I did get a few things off eBay and I got some sale things from Ye Olde Navy so hopefully I'm set.
:)

Beth,
Where? What? When?
What did I do?
:)

Beth said...

Come over and see!