Awesome! I am reminded about one time when I had to take Ava to an ob appointment. She was young, M and A are only 16 months apart, so she was probably right around 12 months. When she heard the heartbeat she FREAKED out like you wouldn't believe! Haha poor kid :)
Madeleine came with us to the ultrasounds but I don't think she actually knew there was a baby in there until he was here!
I was *shocked* I tell you, shocked at how quickly she picked up on it. The Midwife said, "Do you know what that sound is? That's the baby's heartbeat!" and she saw the doppler thing on my belly and put two and two together. Then Mary started asking, "Where's my baby?" and pulling up her shirt. I told her that only I had a baby under there and she seems to be okay with that. Still, ha! She has no idea...as far as it actually coming home and living with us...
No, they have no idea. Although Charley's been very good with his brother. He mostly tries to give Stephen his pacifier when he cries; otherwise he looks at Stephen for a while and goes about his merry way.
When Stephen's big enough to get into the toys, that may change.
When I was pregnant, we told Charley that baby Stephen was in my belly. When I'd ask him where baby Stephen was, he'd point to my abdomen. One day, Dave asked, and Charley...pointed to Dave's belly. I just about busted a rib laughing so hard.
Glad to hear things look good. How are you feeling? Any weird cravings? Any food aversions (for weeks with Charley I could not stand the sight/smell of ANY kind of meat. Me. The carnivore).
Cathy: Stopped by yer ol' blog today to reread your 2007 post on Halloween since a mom in one of my homeschool groups sent out this link: http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/halloween/halloween_danger_daniels.aspx Anyhoo, I clicked on your profile and was pleasantly surprised to see you started a babybeck blog and even more surprised to see another one is on the way. Congrats!!!!!!!!! Sending prayers your way.
8 comments:
Awesome! I am reminded about one time when I had to take Ava to an ob appointment. She was young, M and A are only 16 months apart, so she was probably right around 12 months. When she heard the heartbeat she FREAKED out like you wouldn't believe! Haha poor kid :)
Madeleine came with us to the ultrasounds but I don't think she actually knew there was a baby in there until he was here!
I was *shocked* I tell you, shocked at how quickly she picked up on it.
The Midwife said, "Do you know what that sound is? That's the baby's heartbeat!" and she saw the doppler thing on my belly and put two and two together.
Then Mary started asking, "Where's my baby?" and pulling up her shirt.
I told her that only I had a baby under there and she seems to be okay with that. Still, ha! She has no idea...as far as it actually coming home and living with us...
No, they have no idea. Although Charley's been very good with his brother. He mostly tries to give Stephen his pacifier when he cries; otherwise he looks at Stephen for a while and goes about his merry way.
When Stephen's big enough to get into the toys, that may change.
When I was pregnant, we told Charley that baby Stephen was in my belly. When I'd ask him where baby Stephen was, he'd point to my abdomen. One day, Dave asked, and Charley...pointed to Dave's belly. I just about busted a rib laughing so hard.
Glad to hear things look good. How are you feeling? Any weird cravings? Any food aversions (for weeks with Charley I could not stand the sight/smell of ANY kind of meat. Me. The carnivore).
Do you get ultra sound pics at the midwife?
Sew,
No.
:(
But i go in at 16 weeks for a TVUS and will hopefully get one!
Cathy:
Stopped by yer ol' blog today to reread your 2007 post on Halloween since a mom in one of my homeschool groups sent out this link:
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/halloween/halloween_danger_daniels.aspx
Anyhoo, I clicked on your profile and was pleasantly surprised to see you started a babybeck blog and even more surprised to see another one is on the way. Congrats!!!!!!!!! Sending prayers your way.
Swissie,
This is actually my husband's blog, but I do manage the occasion post.
THANKS for your congrats and prayers. We are very excited and so glad Mary will have a sibling.
:):):)
I haven't been by recently..... and had also missed this good news. I am so happy for you all!
Post a Comment