Thursday, September 24, 2009

Steps of SJC baby dream (Update)

Before we found out about Mary I had a dream that I was on the steps of SJC with a little girl who was my daughter. I remember being confused and thinking, "Why are you not Chinese?" because at that time, that was looking like our only hope, even though we could never get the money for travel, Chinese legal fees, etc.
A short time later, we found out about Mary and I remembered that dream and smiled.

Last night I was (in my dream) back on the steps. I saw the same religious brother I had seen in my Mary dream and I was once again holding a baby.


An adorable little cherub of a baby of the male persuasion.

(Which admittedly would be unlikely - my family overwhelmingly makes girls. And I am pretty convinced this is a girl, as are the ancient Chinese.)


I was just rereading this and thought back to that Mary dream and remembered that the baby was a BOY. I think I actually blogged about it. I wasn't just shocked the child was white - I was shocked it wasn't a girl!
My memory ain't what it used to be...





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it's the guy that determines the sex! Or maybe it's twins....

Beth said...

It's a BOY!!! I knew it!

Cathy said...

A,

It's true that the sperm carries the Genetic Decider, but it also has to do with the woman's body temp, the day of the deed (further after ovulation=better chance for a boy, I think), the (ahem) position, the position of the egg (faster sperm are YY carriers, so if your egg is further up, a YY would probably have a better chance of reaching), etc.
So that would explain why some groups of sisters ALL seem to have nothing but girls...
Like us!
:)

Joe D. said...

Why was I not informed of said dream?

Cathy said...

You were.

On your blog.

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly the first ultrasound predicted Mary would be a boy - which was obviously not the case!

Cathy said...

A,

You DO remember correctly. At 16 weeks on a 3D ultrasound, no less!
I could see the male parts plain as day! I was 100% convinced.
Duuuuhhh!
Then at 25 weeks, the lady said, "You know what it is, right?" and we said, "Yeah, it's a boy" and she kind of chuckled and said, "Yeah right" and then she realized we were serious. "Um, no this is most definitely a girl."
I almost fainted from the shock.
:)

Atlantajan said...

Girls. We want girls. Girls. Girls. Girls. Boys are fine. But girls are, well, better. I'm going with the Chinese.

Atlantajan said...

No offense to my brothers or nephews (four total out of 16, 18 if you count my stepdaughters). Wards do girls. It's what we do.

Cathy said...

Psssshttt.
We'll gladly take either one!

Ward grandsons are some of the sweetest boys on the planet, bar none.

Amy said...

Either one is fabulous. We seem to have a family that runs high to boys...Stephen is the 5th grandson for my in-laws, the 2nd for my parents, and the 8th great-grandson for my grandmother. There is one girl on my in-law's side and one great-granddaughter.

Anonymous said...

I think a little mini-Joe would be cool!

Cathy said...

A girl would be easier clothes-wise and hand-me-down wise, but whatev. It is what it is and there's no changing it...
:)

Beth said...

Don't worry, we'll have plenty of boy hand me downs for you!

FloridaWife said...

You are so funny about the ancient Chinese.