Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heard.


Last night, we were sitting on the couch. Mary was looking through Stephen Hawking's Briefer History of Time. (She calls him "Steve Walking." It's cute. No, it's ironic.)

And Joe said flatly, "One day, she's going to make Stephen Hawking look like a moron."
I laughed and thought of that great line from The Princess Bride:



Man in Black (who had a lisp, you'll recall): Let me put it thith way. You ever heard of Plato? Aristotle? Thocrates?

Westley: Yes.

Man in Black: Moronth.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Stephen Walking!!!
lol!!!

Atlantajan said...

That was Vizzini, not the MiB, who was Count Rugen. Don't mess with me on my Princess Bride knowledge.

Atlantajan said...

Oooh. I screwed up. The MiB is Westley. Sorry. Count Rugen is the six-fingered man.

Inigo to Westley: Do you min' show me your hand?

Westley holds up his hand.

Inigo: My father was a brilliant swordsman. One day, a six-fingered man come to him and order a sword...

And later,

Inigo: That is the sound of ultimate suffering. I make that sound when my father die. The Man in Black makes it now.

Horrifingly enough, that is all off the top of my head.

Atlantajan said...

But it was still Vizzini who said, "Moronth."

I believe my favorite line in the entire movie - and there were many good ones -- was:

Vizzini to Fezzik, while on the boat after kidnapping Buttercup, "Stop rhyming. I mean it."
Fezzik, "Anybody want a peanut?"

Cathy said...

Right, right - you know what I mean...


The peanut bit - that was LOL right there...