Friday, June 26, 2009

Healing nicely.

You would never know Mary is hurt.
She has an amazing tolerance for pain.
The doc said she'd have a rough day yesterday (the day after the injury) and we should expect pain and crying, which we could treat with Tylenol.
We have not had to give her 1 ounce of medicine for pain. She has not cried since she stopped about 30 seconds after the staples went in. She has not been ill-tempered or lethargic or whiny or ANYTHING.
We even washed her hair (gently!) today to get the blood out - I might as well have been washing her hands.
She is tearing through the house like a madman, even though I've TOLD her to slow down and have to keep reminding her of the hospital staple incident. (I'm not trying to make her afraid of hospitals, but she had such a great time there with her ducky and her popsicle that I'm afraid she won't remember the part where it hurt like hell.)

I'm going to take pictures of her little staples. They aren't as gross as one would think. I'm normally squeamish about such things, but her head looks so great, it hardly looks injured.

3 comments:

Atlantajan said...

Is she part lab? Our vet alway said labs didn't have any pain receptacles.

Cathy said...

It's possible.
She does love water...

Amy said...

Poor little thing!

By the way, before he went to bed, Charley came over to the laptop and blew kisses to pictures of Mary and said "Night" to her.