Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy birthday Mary!

I cannot believe she is 2 already. It sure does not seem like it has been 2 years since this sweet and special little girl came into our lives. 

I had the chance to weigh her on a bathroom scale, which may not have been accurate, and it showed she is 28 pounds. She can pick out the letters from A-Z on flash cards and can now say the sounds for most of the letters. She can count from 1-10 and from 1-5 in Spanish, although she can sometimes make it to ten with some help. 

We have lots of books that we read all the time and she has memorized most of them and is able to say the words that we skip on pages. She will even sit  down and "read" her books reciting them from memory. She has just started saying "Mary" when asked what her name is and says 2 when asked how old she is. 

And just one more Mary story, for now, last night she was reading and I asked her if she was ready to go to bed and she actually said "no still reading"!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Can NOW say the sounds - not "can NOT say the sounds!"
;)

She is amazing.

You forgot the story of her on the baby monitor the other morning talking to herself: "That's a W. Wuh. Wuh. W. That's a P. Puh. Puh. P!"

FloridaWife said...

Amazing! Happy Birthday to Mary! I hope you all had a great day yesterday.

(Thanks for clarifying the "can NOT say the sounds" thing, Cathy. I got lost there.)

Joe D. said...

Ok, so I changed it. Sorry if I am not a perfect typer like Cathy :)

Amy said...

Two...where does the time go???

Beth said...

She is amazing!!! Happy Birthday Mary!

Madeleine knows her bday is coming up. she has been saying "It's almost Madeleine's birthday! Say 'Happy Birthday Madeleine!'"