She got this toy mouse from the shelter where we got her. I can only imagine that this is what happened to the real mouse that I found, possibly left as a gift, on the floor by my side of the bed early this morning. Maybe no more mouse problem?
I mean, the cat is locked in our bedroom and there's a towel covering up the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor, and he still comes in? "Hey, guys, what's goin'... Aw crap."
Amy, Unfortunately, the cat seems to be a mouse-killing machine. She killed him at the first opportunity. We wanted him to smell her and move out; alas, he stayed put and paid the price. Anyway, I hope that now her smell is in the house and any future mice will avoid our place altogether. ;)
I have to add another name to the poll: Eartha Kitt or, alternately, Eartha Catt, in homage.
Santa DID visit Charley. He got a Cookie Monster "doll" that makes noise when you shake it (to go with the Elmo he got last year), one of those horse's heads on a stick that you can ride, books, a firetruck, pajamas, TWO bowling sets, and a bunch of other stuff from Santa and his family.
8 comments:
Poor wittle mousie.
He fouled up.
I mean, the cat is locked in our bedroom and there's a towel covering up the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor, and he still comes in? "Hey, guys, what's goin'... Aw crap."
Wow! Only a few days and the problem is taken care of! What a good cat. What did you name her?
Still working on a name other than cat.
Ken suggests Bosco after St. John Bosco. Is it a boy or girl though?
Beth,
She's a girl.
I was thinking "Gertie" after St. Gertrude, patron of cats and invoked against fear of mice and mice infestation.
But I like Dinah, too. That was Alice in Wonderland's cat.
(I'm not very original, I know.)
I like Gertie.
Our cat was named Tiffany (not our choice, but she was too old to change it when we adopted her). I miss her.
But don't get your hopes up. We had mice sneak in under the air conditioner in our kitchen, and she didn't even give the mice a second glance.... ;)
Mary, by the way, is blossoming. She is clearly surrounded by lots of love!
Amy,
Unfortunately, the cat seems to be a mouse-killing machine.
She killed him at the first opportunity. We wanted him to smell her and move out; alas, he stayed put and paid the price.
Anyway, I hope that now her smell is in the house and any future mice will avoid our place altogether.
;)
I have to add another name to the poll: Eartha Kitt or, alternately, Eartha Catt, in homage.
Did Santa visit little Charley?
Santa DID visit Charley. He got a Cookie Monster "doll" that makes noise when you shake it (to go with the Elmo he got last year), one of those horse's heads on a stick that you can ride, books, a firetruck, pajamas, TWO bowling sets, and a bunch of other stuff from Santa and his family.
Post a Comment