Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mary's big girl bed

We decided to get Mary a bir girl bed because she is starting to put her leg on the top rail of her crib. She is a daredevil and not afraid of much and we knew it was only a matter of time before she fell onto the hardwood floor. They only problem is that she is will not sleep in it. She loves to pretend to sleep in it and also play in it but come night time she screams and throws a fit. I guess we will need a little bit of a transition period.



5 comments:

Beth said...

oh my! I'm glad you guys are doing this first and can give me some pointers :)

Cathy said...

Beth,

HA! She hasn't slept in it once!
But she DOES love to play in it...
;)

Beth said...

where is she sleeping? Someone asked me if I was going to move M out of her crib when the new baby came. I am NOT planning on it, unless she starts trying to climb out. Right now she loves her crib, plays in it, sleeps 12 hours at night and takes a 2 hour nap. Let me tell ya, this situation has been a LONG time coming :)

Did you like your co sleeper when Mary was a baby?

Joe D. said...

She plays in her big girl bed but sleeps and naps in her crib. We are working on getting her in the bed before she gets hurt but it may take some time.

We used a co-sleeper for four months and it worked great. It was nice to be able to see and hear her during the night. I was a little sad when we moved her to the crib in her own room.

Beth said...

I know. Madeleine was in a cradle right be our bed too. I was sad when she moved into her own room too!