Thursday, August 07, 2008

R.I.P. Jake we will miss you - ?/1993-8/6/2008

Well, we kind of thought that this would happen. We are just so glad that we were able to have had Jake and Abby for 12 years or so. They were great dogs.

Jake was a stray that wandered up to Ma's door in 1994 I think. She posted a found dog ad in the papers but no one claimed him.

He would let Mary do anything to him and he never complained. He really loved little kids, but unfortunately he was a little too old to play once Mary came along but he did try sometimes.

Jake and Abby were best buddies, she was always pestering him to play and they got along great. But Jake quit eating two days after Abby passed and just got so weak that we were left with no choice but to end his suffering.

I thank the Lord every day for bringing sweet little Mary into our lives but especially now because it has been much easier on us to lose our beloved pets having her with us.






4 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, you guys have had it rough lately. I'm really sorry!

Joe D. said...

Thanks Beth, we knew this day would come as both dogs were beyond the normal life expectancy of beagles. But it is tough getting used to no dogs in the house..

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of Jake and Mary... tis better to have loved and lost... both Jake and Abby had wonderful lives and are taptaptapping away in Heaven right now, I'm sure.
RIP.

Joe D. said...

I am sure Abby is annoying every pet there...