That looks good and healthy! What's your recipe, Ma? Madeleine still can't have dairy products - can Mary? Madeleine does like soy milk, soy yogurt, and rice milk a lot though!
She has only had very small amounts of dairy and has not had any reaction yet. But when she shares my cereal, with real milk, her chin gets a little red where she dribbles. She is doing much better with it though. We haven't tried a glass of milk yet but she like soy milk.
The smoothie recipe that I use, I'm not sure of Ma's recipe, is some strawberries, blueberries, banana, a few grapes, fruit juice or apple juice, strawberry sorbet, and a little ice blended together. I know it sounds like a lot but I just use a little to make one glass at a time with our "magic bullet". If the fruit is not that sweet then I will add a little honey.
Oh, Madeleine still can't have yogurt. I do give her soy yogurt and she loves it.
She can have dairy in baked goods now, even some goldfish crackers and she's ok. (which is a major improvement, since earlier in her life I could not even eat any baked goods with dairy in them.) But if I give her yogurt or cheese or something she gets a rash everywhere. I am hoping she outgrows it soon!
5 comments:
That looks good and healthy! What's your recipe, Ma? Madeleine still can't have dairy products - can Mary? Madeleine does like soy milk, soy yogurt, and rice milk a lot though!
She has only had very small amounts of dairy and has not had any reaction yet. But when she shares my cereal, with real milk, her chin gets a little red where she dribbles. She is doing much better with it though. We haven't tried a glass of milk yet but she like soy milk.
The smoothie recipe that I use, I'm not sure of Ma's recipe, is some strawberries, blueberries, banana, a few grapes, fruit juice or apple juice, strawberry sorbet, and a little ice blended together. I know it sounds like a lot but I just use a little to make one glass at a time with our "magic bullet". If the fruit is not that sweet then I will add a little honey.
Um.
Honey, you forgot the "yogurt" part.
;)
Beth, I use a cup or so of plain or vanilla yogurt, plus juice and fruit and a bit of ice.
Crush. Yum.
Ma, sometimes I don't use yogurt... so there :)
Oh, Madeleine still can't have yogurt. I do give her soy yogurt and she loves it.
She can have dairy in baked goods now, even some goldfish crackers and she's ok. (which is a major improvement, since earlier in her life I could not even eat any baked goods with dairy in them.) But if I give her yogurt or cheese or something she gets a rash everywhere. I am hoping she outgrows it soon!
Post a Comment