Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby monitor

When Mary is in her crib she will sometimes play and laugh and make all kinds of happy noises. I have always wondered what she was up to so yesterday I bought a video monitor. It has been so cool to watch her sleep and play. Sometimes I think it is kind of an invasion of privacy but I can't get enough of her sweetness so this is what it has come to.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Wow a video monitor! That is a good idea. i wish we could afford one of those! :)

Cathy said...

Beth,

It wasn't as expensive as I thought. They can be found for less than $100 on eBay. The one we have is called "Summer" and I see one on there for $99 new in box...

If you ask me, it's sort of ridiculous. It's fun to watch them playing by themselves, and I guess paranoid parents could use one, but it's really not something I personally would have bought.

Although she does look mighty adorable playing in there by herself, babbling, etc.

;)

Joe D. said...

Ma, what do you mean that you would not have bought the monitor. It was YOUR money :)

Beth said...

Ha ha! My friend bought one when her daughter was born, and she never used it b/c the kid ended up sleeping in their bed :)

Joe D. said...

I am so glad I bought one. I only wish we got one earlier. It can even be connected to a recorder. And since I cannot get enough of my little sweetie it gives me a few more moments that I can see her.

Cathy said...

Beth,

Do you have the name of a good mental health professional?

Beth said...

HAHA! Pa just LOVES his baby girl. Nothing wrong with that! :)

I can't get enough of my kid either!! :)

Joe D. said...

I must admit, I am smitten. Sometimes it is a little embarrassing but I don't care, I love that little girl :)